AlamogordoTownNews.com Regional High School Sports Roundup
Alamogordo defeated Chaparral in 5 sets (25-19, 21-25, 25-19, 20-25, 15-13).
The Lady Tigers record is now 1-2. They next play at Los Lunas on Tuesday 8/30/22.
The Unofficial Stats
- Calla Johnson - 19 kills and 6 blocks
- Madison Shaw - 13 kills
- Olivia Stafford - 32 assists
- Isabelle Schlensig - 30 digs and 4 service aces
Cloudcroft defeated Hagerman in 5 sets (21-25, 23-25, 25-14, 25-19, 15-3) to win 3rd Place at the Eunice Tournament.
The Lady Bears are now 2-2, next play at Estancia on Tuesday 8/30/22
Jayden Hughes and Kyla Aguilar were named to the all-tournament team.
Los Lunas defeats Alamogordo 43-30.
Alamogordo drops to 1-1, will play at Gadsden next Friday.
The unofficial stats from the game
- Elijah Montoya 123 yds passing, 2 TD's, 67 yds rushing
- Damon Mayberry 20 yd fumble return TD, 56 yds rushing, rush TD
- Joey Marquez - 12 yd TD catch
- A'Veion Valdez - 13 yd TD catch
- Ryan Stovall 41 yds rushing, 3 TFL
- Brayden Money 53 yd FG, 3-4 XP, 33 yd punt average
- Anthony Audette 26 yds rushing, 23 yds receiving
- Christian Surpris 1 catch, 19 yds
- Marcus Bryant 1 catch, 31 yds
- Makhi Gonzales 1 catch, 27 yds
Hagerman defeated Mescalero Apache 49-0.
Chiefs fall to 0-2, next play at Deming JV on September 8th.
Jal defeated Tularosa 57-7.
The Wildcats are now 1-1, play at Hatch Valley next Friday.
The Mescalero Apache Boys finished 3rd at Saturday’s Fort Stanton/Capitan meet.
- Chance Chee 6th (22:08)
- Gavin Castillo 14th (23:14)
- Westly Sago 19th (25:15)
- Clarence Sago 23rd (25:48)
- Maekquin Fossom 31st (28:14)
- Kaylyn Chino 22nd (34:04)
- Laurdis Sundayman 25th (34:41)
- Caydence Palmer 29th (37:40)
Both teams next run at Cloudcroft Invite next Saturday.
More News from Alamogordo
- Meet Col. George C. Turner Jr. New Commander of White Sands Missile Range Largest military base by land mass in the US White Sands Missile Range gets a new commander
- Alamogordo City Commission December 2023 Meeting Recap... Changes to park use during school hours and access to the ditches was a topic of dialogue.