All Four Defendants in Las Cruces Young Park Shooting Indicted

Image

District Attorney Fernando R. Macias announced Wednesday that, after thorough deliberation, a grand jury has returned indictments for all four defendants accused in the Young Park shooting. Following grand jury deliberations, the defendants have been formally indicted on charges of first-degree murder, including conspiracy to commit murder.

The DA’s Office said that following grand jury deliberations, the defendants: Tomas Rivas, 20, Nathan Rivas, 17, Gustavo Puga Dominguez, 17, and a 15-year-old — whom we will not identify because of his age — have been formally indicted.

These indictments represent an important step in the pursuit of justice for the victims involved and underscores our commitment to upholding the law,” said Macias.The grand jury’s decision to indict all defendants reflects the thorough investigation carried out by detectives of the Las Cruces Police Department and our office.

As a result of the indictments, these cases will now move forward in the criminal justice process. The District Attorney’s Office continues to work closely with law enforcement to ensure that the judicial process proceeds fairly and efficiently. The defendants will be arraigned on Monday, April 7th, and additional details regarding the legal process will be made available as the case progresses.

Lieutenant Peter Bradley of the Las Cruces Police Department Criminal Investigations provided a comprehensive review of the evidence during his testimony before the grand jury,” added Macias. “We deeply appreciate his dedicated efforts on behalf of the victims and our community.”

As previously reported by KALHRadio.org and AlamogordoTownNews.org three people were killed and 15 others were hurt in the shooting that happened on Friday, March 21, in Las Cruces.

More News from Alamogordo
I'm interested
I disagree with this
This is unverified
Spam
Offensive