Alamogordo High FCCLA Students Rack up Awards at Regionals
Alamogordo High School FCCLA students did an amazing job during the Regional Competition held at DACC, Las Cruces on December 2, 2023 bringing home lots of positive recognition.
The following talented students are all qualified for state competition. Mr. Walter Aleluya and Mr. Romel Gabac trained and mentored these exceptional students.
Christian Hicks - Silver
Rusty Davidson - Silver
Kaleb Medina - Silver
👩🍳Baking and Pastry
Ashland Cass - Gold
Savannah Lane - Silver
Aric Vickrey - Bronze
🎂Cake Decorations Level II
Keaton Orona - Silver
Diego Ortega - Silver
Cake Decorations Level III
Ashland Cass - Silver
Savannah Lane - Bronze
🔪Knife Skills Level II
Anthony Schulz - Silver
Dominic Padilla - Bronze
Knife Skills Level III
Kaleb Medina - Gold
Arick Vickrey - Gold
Devin Beres - Bronze
Early Childhood Education
Sarah Bell - Gold
Kylin Starkovich and Cassandra Awolusi - Bronze
Anaiah Cornelius - Bronze
🎤Creed Presentation Level III
O’liviah Martinez - Gold
Austin Flores - Gold
Ke’maurion Morrall - Gold
At Alamogordo High School Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a local chapter of a dynamic and effective national student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues through family and consumer sciences education. Chapter projects focus on a variety of youth concerns, including teen pregnancy, parenting, family relationships, substance abuse, peer pressure, environment, nutrition and fitness, teen violence and career exploration. Involvement in FCCLA offers members the opportunity to expand their leadership potential and develop skills for life—planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal communication—necessary in the home and workplace.
To promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through ―
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for as- suming responsibilities.
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations
- Is the only in-school student organization with the family as its central focus
- Is a Career and Technical Student Organization that functions as an integral part of the family and consumer sciences education curriculum and operates within the school system
- Provides opportunities for active student participation at local, state, and national levels
More News from Alamogordo
- Heinrich, Luján, Casey Urge Biden to Prioritize Border Security, Fentanyl Crackdown in Budget Request As President prepares FY25 budget request, Senators are pushing for prioritization of border security and anti-fentanyl measures
- Chasing the Light” pastels by Janet Amtmann & Lyn Canham open at Otero Artspace on March 1 @ 5 PM Exhibition open Thursday thru Sundays 1 pm to 4 pm